GENERAL AVIATION SUMMIT 2018 - 9th & 10th JULY 2018
GA Summit Participants,
Further to my last email, I would like to confirm that the General Aviation Summit 2018 has been scheduled for Monday 9thJuly to Tuesday 10th July 2018.
I am pleased to advise that the Deputy Prime Minister has accepted our invitation to open the General Aviation Summit, 9th July 2018, addressing delegates from 11:30am. Given how busy the Deputy Prime Minister is, I know I speak on behalf of all the delegates in thanking him for this valued commitment.
I am now awaiting a confirmation from Mr Anthony Albanese MP, who has been invited to speak from 9am, Tuesday 10th July 2018. At this stage all indicators are positive.
Accordingly, I have updated the General Aviation Summit 2018 Programme, which is attached to this email, and I would like to remind participating associations that their Statement of Positions are due in by 28th May 2018. If any of the associations have any questions with respect to the above, please feel free to call 0415 577 724.
I can now confirm that there are twenty-eight (28) registered associations attending the GA Summit 2018, signalling strong support for a positive change to the Civil Aviation Act.
- · Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association of Australia (AOPA Australia)
- · Sport Aircraft Association of Australia (SAAA)
- · Aircraft Maintenance Repair Overhaul Business Association (AMROBA)
- · Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association (ALAEA)
- · Aircraft Electronics Association – South Pacific Region (AEA)
- · Australian Aircraft Manufacturers Association (AAMA)
- · Australian Business Aviation Association (ABAA)
- · Experimental Light Aircraft Association of Australia (ELAAA)
- · Recreational Aviation Australia Limited (RAAUS)
- · Australian Warbirds Associations Limited (AWAL)
- · Australian Women Pilots Association (AWPA)
- · Seaplane Pilots Association of Australia (SPAA)
- · Rotorcraft Asia Pacific
- · Australian Aero Clubs Alliance (AACA)
- · Royal Federation of Aero Clubs (RFAC)
- · Airtourer Association (AA)
- · Cessna 182 Association of Australia (C182AA)
- · Cessna 200 Association of Australia (C200AA)
- · Cirrus Owner Pilots Association (COPA)
- · Lancair Owner Builder Organisation (LOBO)
- · Australian Beechcraft Society (ABA)
- · Australian Mooney Pilots Association (AMPA)
- · International Comanche Society – Australia (ICS)
- · Hang Gliding Federation of Australia (HGFA)
- · Gliding Federation of Australia (GFA)
- · Australian Parachute Federation (APF)
- · Regional Airports User Action Group (RAUAG)
- · Your Central Coast Airport Association (YCCA)
If you are in contact with an association that did not receive an invitation and you feel they could benefit being included, please contact me on 0415 577 724. The Summit is open to all general aviation associations and we are encouraging maximum participation.
Thank you again to everyone for your participation and support towards change, please stay tuned for further updates.
Executive Director – Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) of Australia
Read responses in pprune.org